- STOC 2017 Best Paper Award,
for co-authoring the paper
Deciding parity games in quasipolynomial time, 2017.
- Honorary member, International Membrane Computing Society, 2016.
- 2013 R. R. Hawkins Award,
(The American Publishers Awards for Professional and Scholarly Excellence) for co-authoring the book
Alan Turing: His Work and Impact, Elsevier, 2013.
- Visiting Fellow,
Isaac Newton Institute for Mathematical Sciences, 2012.
- International Workshop on Theoretical Computer Science,
Dedicated to Prof. Cristian S. Calude's 60th Birthday, Auckland 2012.
See also 60. Birthday: Cristian S. Calude 2012.
- Hood Fellow, University of Auckland, 2008-2009.
- Member of Academia Europaea, elected in April 2008 by the Informatics Section A picture from the AE membership presentation, Liverpool, September 2008. Cris AE/IS page. Elected member of the Informatics Committee, 2010-2012.
- Cris' Wikipedia page, 2009, Cris' Wikipedia Romanian page, 2010, Cris' Wikipedia Portuguese page, 2013, Cris' Wikipedia French page, 2015, Cris' Wikipedia German page, 2015.
- Excellence in Research Award, University of Bucharest, Romania, 2007.
- Dean's Award for Excellence in Teaching, Faculty of Science, University of Auckland, 2007.
- Quality Category A Researcher, Performance Based Research Fund, 2003, 2006 and 2012 assessments (New Zealand).
- Member of the International Board, Valparaiso Institute of Complex Systems,
Valparaiso, Chile, 2005.
- Honorificum Membrum, Black Sea University,
Bucharest, Romania, December 2002.
- Included in Who's Who in Combinatorics.
"C. S. Calude" Mathematics Regional Contest, National College "Vasile Alecsandri", Galati, Romania,
from 2000 on.
- Monbusho (Japan Ministry of Education, Science, Sports and
Culture) Visiting Professor,
Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology,
- European Association for Theoretical Computer Science Council member, European Association for Theoretical Computer Science, 1995-2003.
- International Scientific Council member, Black Sea University,
Bucharest, Romania, from 1994 on.
- New Zealand Computer Science Visiting Lecturer, 1994.
- Computing Reviews Award, Association for Computing Machinery, New York, USA, 1986.
- "Gheorghe Lazar" Mathematics
Prize, Romanian Academy, Romania, 1988.
- Erdos number 2 via S. Marcus, 1975. Einstein collaboration distance 4 via S. Marcus - P. Erdos - E. G. Straus.
- Mathematical Student Prize, Faculty of Mathematics, Bucharest
University, Romania, 1975.