- Theoretical Computer Science, Certificate of Outstanding Contribution in Reviewing, Elsevier, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 2017.
- Elected Honorary Citizen of Galati, Romania, 2017.
- The book C. S. Calude. The Human Face of Computing
was included in the 21st Annual Best of Computing. The Notable Books and Articles List for 2016, July 2017. See also the article C. Mamali. Homo Sapiens, Homo Faber and Homo Dictyous. Creatively united by computing science
- Guest Professor, School of Data and Computer Science, Sun Yat-sen University, Guangzhou, China, July 2017 - June 2020.
- STOC 2017 Best Paper Award,
for co-authoring the paper
Deciding parity games in quasipolynomial time, 2017.
Prizes: STOC Best Paper Award. STOC 2017 Theory Fest.
- Honorary member, International Membrane Computing Society, 2016.
- 2013 R. R. Hawkins Award,
(The American Publishers Awards for Professional and Scholarly Excellence) for co-authoring the book
Alan Turing: His Work and Impact, Elsevier, 2013.
- Visiting Fellow,
Isaac Newton Institute for Mathematical Sciences, 2012.
- International Workshop on Theoretical Computer Science,
Dedicated to Prof. Cristian S. Calude's 60th Birthday, Auckland 2012.
See also 60. Birthday: Cristian S. Calude 2012.
- Hood Fellow, University of Auckland, 2008-2009.
- Member of Academia Europaea, elected in April 2008 by the Informatics Section A picture from the AE membership presentation, Liverpool, September 2008. AE/IS page. Elected member of the Informatics Committee, 2010-2012.
- Wikipedia page in English (2009), Romanian (2010), Portuguese (2013), French (2015), and German (2015).
- Excellence in Research Award, University of Bucharest, Romania, 2007.
- Dean's Award for Excellence in Teaching, Faculty of Science, University of Auckland, 2007.
- Quality Category A Researcher, Performance Based Research Fund, 2003, 2006 and 2012 assessments (New Zealand).
- Member of the International Board, Valparaiso Institute of Complex Systems,
Valparaiso, Chile, 2005-2010.
- Honorificum Membrum, Black Sea University,
Bucharest, Romania, December 2002.
- Included in Who's Who in Combinatorics.
"C. S. Calude" Mathematics Regional Contest, National College "Vasile Alecsandri", Galati, Romania,
from 2000 on.
- Monbusho (Japan Ministry of Education, Science, Sports and
Culture) Visiting Professor,
Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology,
- European Association for Theoretical Computer Science Council member, European Association for Theoretical Computer Science, 1995-2003.
- International Scientific Council member, Black Sea University,
Bucharest, Romania, 1994-2000.
- New Zealand Computer Science Visiting Lecturer, 1994.
- Computing Reviews Award, Association for Computing Machinery, New York, USA, 1986.
- "Gheorghe Lazar" Mathematics
Prize, Romanian Academy, Romania, 1988.
- Mathematical Student Prize, Faculty of Mathematics, Bucharest
University, Romania, 1975.