Grants and Awards
Japan Society for Promotion of Science invitation fellowship. Kyoto. Japan.
Marsden fund grant of Royal Society of New Zealand. Project: From automatic groups to automatic structures and beyond (with A. Miasnikov (Stevens Inst) and O. Khatlampovich (McGill)).
- 2011-2013: FRDF grant for a postdoctoral fellow.
Marsden fund grant of Royal Society of New Zealand. Project: Aspects of effectiveness in algebra, model theory, and randomness.(with A. Montalban (Chicago) and A. Nies (Auckland)).
- 2004-2008: Marsden Fund grant of Royal Society of New Zealand. Project: Computability, Complexity, and Randomness (with S. Goncharov (Novosibirsk), D. Hirschfeldt (Chicago), and A. Nies (Auckland)).
- 2001-2003: Marsden Fund grant of Royal Society of
New Zealand. Project: Algebraic Systems:
Computability, Complexity and Applications (with S. Goncharov (Novosibirsk)).
- 2002: New Zealand Mathematical Society Research Award.
- 2002-2003: Humboldt Foundation Grant.
- 2001-2002: JSPS
grant. The grant is in collaboration with Professor Hajime Ishihara from Japan Advanced
Institute for Science and Technology.
- 2001: The University of Auckland Distinguished Teaching Award.
- 1997-2001: NSF grant for cooperative research between USA and New Zealand. With R. Downey (Victoria in Wellington), R. Shore(Cornell), P. Cholak
(Notre Dame University) and A. Nies ( Chicago).
- 1996-1999: The University of Auckland Research Committee grants.
- 1996-1997: A PFU endowed chair grant at Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology.
- 1991: The young scientists of Uzbekistan (a former republic of the USSR) prize winner in mathematical sciences.