I have been involved in the following administrative
activities at the University of Auckland:
- 2014-present: Deputy Head of the Department, Academic.
- 2010-2012: Faculty Research Committee member.
- 2009-2012: Deputy Head of the Department, Research.
- 2006-2012: Faculty research committee (founding member).
- 2003: Faculty of Science PBRF coordinator.
- 2002-2007: Deputy Head of the Department, Research.
- 1998-2001: Director of Graduate (BSc (Hons) and MSc) Studies
in Computer Science.
- 1996-2000: Deputy Director of CDMTCS.
- 1998-2000: Organizer of Algebra and Logic seminar.
- 1998-2001: Organizer of project seminars.
- 2001: a member of the review committee of the BA(Hons) Degree in Linguistics.
- 2001: Special judge representing the University of Auckland at the Auckland city science and technology fair.
- Co-founder of the Logic and Computation BA/BSc(Hons) Degree program.
Membership in program committees and professional associations:
- 2015: CSR 2015, Malcev Meeting, Novosibirsk.
- 2014: Theory and models of computation, Chennai. International conference on
Computability and computable structures, Kazan, Russia. Mathematical foundations of Computer Science, Hungary.
- 2013: Logical Foundations of Computer Science, San Diego. LICS, New Orleans.
International Symposium on Games, Automata, Logics, and Formal Verification, Italy.
International workshop on questions, algorithms, and computation in abstract group theory, Germany.
- 2012: Computing: Australasian theory conference. Languages, Automata Theory and Applications conference (Spain).
- 2011: IMS wokshop in Automata and applications. National University of Singapore. Malcev conference, Novosibirsk, Russia.
- 2010: Malcev conference, Novosibirsk, Russia. DIMACS workshop on em Exotic Constructions in Group Theory, Rutgers University.
- 2009: LFCS , USA; Malvev conference, Novosibirsk, Russia; AutoMathA, Belgium; DLT 09, Germany; Computing: Australasian theory conference; Mathematics Congress of Turkic world, Alma-Ata.
- 2007: Logical Foundations of Computer Science (LFCS 07), NY, USA.
- 2006: Computer Science Logic (CSL 06) conference, Hungary.
- 2005: Asian Logic Conference, Russia; Computing: Australasian theory conference, New Zealand.
- 2004: Workshop on Automata, Structures and Logic, Auckland, New Zealand; The Developments in Language Theory International Conference (DLT 04), New Zealand.
- 2003: International Conference Logic for Programming, Artificial Intelligence, and Rea- soning, Kazakhstan; Mathematics in the Twenty First Century, Russia.
- 2002: Computer Science and Topology Special Session, 17th Summer Topology Con- ference, New Zealand.
- 2000: Logic and Information Symposium, Novosibirsk, Russia.
- 1999: Australasian Theory Symposium; DMTCS conference, Auckland, New Zealand.
- 1998: The Second Japan–New Zealand Workshop on Logic in Computer Science.
- 1997: The First Japan–New Zealand Workshop on Logic in Computer Science.
- 2006-2010: A council member of the Association for Symbolic Logic.
- 2002-2008: A member of Logic in Australasia committee of the Association for Symbolic Logic.
- 2002-2003: A member of Logic and Computation program of the New Zealand Mathe- matics and Applications Institute.
- 2004: A member of Combinatorics program of the New Zealand Mathematics and Applications Institute.