Mr Samin Aref
MSc in Industrial Engineering and Operations Research (Sharif University)
I am a Doctoral Candidate with a background in Operations Research. Prior to my current research on complex networks, I had joint research studies on mathematical modelling and applied optimisation with collaborators from New Zealand, Norway, Turkey, Canada, United States, Ireland, and at last but not least Iran.
Research | Current
Signed Network Structural Analysis and Applications with a Focus on Balance Theory
This research involves developing efficient methods and graph optimisation algorithms for the structural analysis of large-scale complex networks
- Chapter 2: arxiv.org/abs/1509.04037
- Chapter 3: arxiv.org/abs/1710.09876
- Chapter 4: arxiv.org/abs/1611.09030
- Chapter 5: arxiv.org/abs/1712.04628
- Balance and Frustration in Signed Networks (with MC Wilson) Author copy> Journal of Complex Networks
- An Exact Method for Computing the Frustration Index in Signed Networks Using Binary Programming (with AJ Mason and MC Wilson) Author copy>
- Dynamic Rescheduling in Flexible Manufacturing Systems under Disruptions (with M Rahimi, R Tavakkoli-Moghaddam, and A Azaron) Abstract>
- Computing the Line Index of Balance Using Integer Programming Optimisation (with AJ Mason and MC Wilson) Optimization Problems in Graph Theory Full text> Author copy>
- Measuring Partial Balance in Signed Networks (with MC Wilson) Full text> Author copy> Journal of Complex Networks
- Analysing Scientific Collaborations of New Zealand Institutions using Scopus Bibliometric Data (with D Friggens and S Hendy) Proceedings of the Fourteenth Asia-Pacific Conference on Conceptual Modelling Full text> Author copy>
- Hub Location under Uncertainty: a Minimax Regret Model for the Capacitated Problem with Multiple Allocations (with I Kazemian) Full text> Author copy> International Journal of Supply Chain and Inventory Management
- A Green Perspective on Capacitated Time-dependent Vehicle Routing Problem with Time Windows (with I Kazemian) Full text> Author copy> International Journal of Supply Chain and Inventory Management
- Multi-echelon Supply Chain Flexibility Enhancement through Detecting Bottlenecks (with I Kazemian) Full text> Author copy> Global Journal of Flexible Systems Management
- The Use of a GERT Based Method to Model Concurrent Product Development Processes (with R Nelson and A Azaron) Full text> Author copy> European Journal of Operational Research
- Developing an Integrated RM and CRM Approach in Hotel Industry (with A Vaeztehrani and M Modarres) Full text> Author copy> Journal of Revenue & Pricing Management
- Epidemiological and Biomechanical Evaluation of Airline Baggage Handling (with A Tafazzol, M Mardani, O Haddad, and M Parnianpour) Full text> Author copy> International Journal of Occupational Safety and Ergonomics
Disclaimer:The articles linked to this page are intended for research and educational use only; transmitting copies to others without authorization is prohibited.
- UoA Entrepreneurship Programme Prize (Spark 2015) for EcoDeliver, a web-based application for eco-friendly delivery planning
- The sole finalist of UoA postgraduate research competition (Exposure 2017) from Faculty of Science
Areas of expertise
- Mathematical Modelling
- Complex Networks
- Big Data Modelling and Analysis
- Operations Research
Selected publications and creative works (Research Outputs)
- Aref, S., & Wilson, M. C. (2017). Measuring Partial Balance in Signed Networks. arXiv Related URL.
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Mark Wilson
- Kazemian, I., & Aref, S. (2016). Multi-echelon Supply Chain Flexibility Enhancement Through Detecting Bottlenecks. Global Journal of Flexible Systems Management, 17 (4), 357-372. 10.1007/s40171-016-0130-8
- Aref, S., Mason, A. J., & Wilson, M. C. (2016). An Exact Method for Computing the Frustration Index in Signed Networks Using Binary Programming. Related URL.
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Andrew Mason, Mark Wilson
- Kazemian, I., & Aref, S. (2016). Hub Location under Uncertainty: a Minimax Regret Model for the Capacitated Problem with Multiple Allocations. arXiv.org Related URL.
- Nelson, R. G., Azaron, A., & Aref, S. (2016). The Use of a GERT Based Method to Model Concurrent Product Development Processes. European Journal of Operational Research, 250 (2), 566-578. 10.1016/j.ejor.2015.09.040
- Tafazzol, A., Aref, S., Mardani, M., Hadad, O., & Parnianpour, M. (2016). Epidemiological and biomechanical evaluation of airline baggage handling. International Journal of Occupational Safety and Ergonomics, 22 (2), 218-227. 10.1080/10803548.2015.1126457
- Kazemian, I., & Aref, S. (2015). A green perspective on capacitated time-dependent vehicle routing problem with time windows. arXiv.org Related URL.
- Vaeztehrani, A., Modarres, M., & Aref, S. (2015). Developing an integrated revenue management and customer relationship management approach in the hotel industry. Journal of Revenue and Pricing Management, 14 (2), 97-119. 10.1057/rpm.2014.22
+64 9 373 7999 ext. 82128
Thursdays 10-11, Room 476, Bldg 303S
Primary office location
SCIENCE CENTRE 303S - Bldg 303S
Level 4, Room 476
38 PRINCES ST