Mr Samin Aref
MSc in Industrial Engineering and Operations Research (Sharif)
I am a Doctoral Candidate with a background in Industrial Engineering. Prior to my current research, I had joint research studies on green transportation, revenue management in hotel and air cargo, logistics network planning, manufacturing scheduling, flexible supply chains, concurrent product development, and ergonomics in airports with collaborators from New Zealand, Norway, Turkey, Canada, United States, Ireland, and at last but not least Iran.
Research | Current
- An NP-hard optimisation problem and its applications in Engineering and Science
- Balance and Frustration in Signed Networks under Different Contexts Author copy>
- Dynamic Rescheduling in Flexible Manufacturing Systems under Disruptions (with M Rahimi, R Tavakkoli-Moghaddam, and A Azaron)
- An Exact Method for Computing the Frustration Index in Signed Networks Using Binary Programming (with AJ Mason and MC Wilson) Author copy>
- Analysing Scientific Collaborations of New Zealand Institutions using Scopus Bibliometric Data (with D Friggens and S Hendy) Proceedings of the Fourteenth Asia-Pacific Conference on Conceptual Modelling Author copy>
- Computing the Line Index of Balance Using Integer Programming Optimisation (with AJ Mason and MC Wilson) Graphs' Optimization Problems and Their Computational Complexities Author copy>
- Measuring Partial Balance in Signed Networks (with MC Wilson) Full text> Author copy> Journal of Complex Networks
- Hub Location under Uncertainty: a Minimax Regret Model for the Capacitated Problem with Multiple Allocations (with I Kazemian) Full text> Author copy> International Journal of Supply Chain and Inventory Management
- A Green Perspective on Capacitated Time-dependent Vehicle Routing Problem with Time Windows (with I Kazemian) Full text> Author copy> International Journal of Supply Chain and Inventory Management
- Multi-echelon Supply Chain Flexibility Enhancement through Detecting Bottlenecks (with I Kazemian) Full text> Author copy> Global Journal of Flexible Systems Management
- The Use of a GERT Based Method to Model Concurrent Product Development Processes (with R Nelson and A Azaron) Full text> Author copy> European Journal of Operational Research
- Developing an Integrated RM and CRM Approach in Hotel Industry (with A Vaeztehrani and M Modarres) Full text> Author copy> Journal of Revenue & Pricing Management
- Epidemiological and Biomechanical Evaluation of Airline Baggage Handling (with A Tafazzol, M Mardani, O Haddad, and M Parnianpour) Full text> Author copy> International Journal of Occupational Safety and Ergonomics
Disclaimer:The articles linked to this page are intended for research and educational use only; transmitting copies to others without authorization is prohibited.
- UoA Entrepreneurship Programme Prize (Spark 2015) for EcoDeliver, a web-based application for eco-friendly delivery planning
- The sole finalist of UoA postgraduate research competition (Exposure 2017) from Faculty of Science
Areas of expertise
- Industrial Engineering
- Operations Research
- Complex Networks
Selected publications and creative works (Research Outputs)
- Aref, S., & Wilson, M. C. (2017). Measuring Partial Balance in Signed Networks. arXiv Related URL.
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Mark Wilson
- Kazemian, I., & Aref, S. (2016). Multi-echelon Supply Chain Flexibility Enhancement Through Detecting Bottlenecks. Global Journal of Flexible Systems Management, 17 (4), 357-372. 10.1007/s40171-016-0130-8
- Aref, S., Mason, A. J., & Wilson, M. C. (2016). An Exact Method for Computing the Frustration Index in Signed Networks Using Binary Programming. Related URL.
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Andrew Mason, Mark Wilson
- Kazemian, I., & Aref, S. (2016). Hub Location under Uncertainty: a Minimax Regret Model for the Capacitated Problem with Multiple Allocations. arXiv.org Related URL.
- Nelson, R. G., Azaron, A., & Aref, S. (2016). The Use of a GERT Based Method to Model Concurrent Product Development Processes. European Journal of Operational Research, 250 (2), 566-578. 10.1016/j.ejor.2015.09.040
- Tafazzol, A., Aref, S., Mardani, M., Hadad, O., & Parnianpour, M. (2016). Epidemiological and biomechanical evaluation of airline baggage handling. International Journal of Occupational Safety and Ergonomics, 22 (2), 218-227. 10.1080/10803548.2015.1126457
- Kazemian, I., & Aref, S. (2015). A green perspective on capacitated time-dependent vehicle routing problem with time windows. arXiv.org Related URL.
- Vaeztehrani, A., Modarres, M., & Aref, S. (2015). Developing an integrated revenue management and customer relationship management approach in the hotel industry. Journal of Revenue and Pricing Management, 14 (2), 97-119. 10.1057/rpm.2014.22
+64 9 373 7999 ext. 82128
By appointment only
SCIENCE CENTRE 303S - Bldg 303S
Level 4, Room 476
38 PRINCES ST