Professor Robert Wilton Amor
Robert has spent over 20 years working on the application of computer science research in the architecture, engineering, and construction domain, including his M.Sc. and Ph.D. theses.
Prior to his return to NZ he spent 5 years in the UK developing Construction IT initiatives at the Building Research Establishment. This included the development of National and European-wide Internet-based information gateways. Since 2007 he has been leading the BuildIT initiative to raise the PBRF scores of academics in ICT in NZ.
Research | Current
Robert has a wide range of interests centered around information management and provision. Current applications focus on Internet-based information systems especially issues of interoperability across multiple services leading to large scale collaboration. Related interests are in the field of data modelling and semantic verification, data mapping and mapping verification.
He is interested in all Construction IT related projects ranging from BIM, CAD, simulation, VR, project models, DMS, integrated systems, Internet services, AI, etc.
Teaching | Current
COMPSCI 705 / SOFTENG 702 Advanced Human Computer Interaction
Head of Department
Selected publications and creative works (Research Outputs)
- Mc Meel, D. J., & Amor, R. (2013). Fabricate It, Paint It – And Don’t Wait up: Separating Fact from Fiction in Digitally Sponsored Fabrication. In J. Zhang, C. Sun (Eds.) Global Design and Local Materialization: 15th International Conference, CAAD Futures 2013, 149-158. Shanghai, China. 10.1007/978-3-642-38974-0_14
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Dermott Mc Meel
- Bhatt, M., Borrmann, A., Amor, R., & Beetz, J. (2013). Architecture, computing, and design assistance. Automation in Construction, 32, 161-164. 10.1016/j.autcon.2013.01.001
- Lee, C., Kang, J., Wuensche, B., & Amor, R. W. (2013). myInterior: AR Supporting Interior Design. Paper presented at 30th International Conference on Applications of IT in the AEC Industry, Beijing, China. 9 October - 12 October 2013. CIB W78 2013. Related URL.
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Burkhard Wuensche
- Dimyadi, J., & Amor, R. W. (2013). Regulatory Knowledge Representation for Automated Compliance Audit of BIM-based models. Paper presented at 30th International Conference on Applications of IT in the AEC Industry, Beijing, China. 9 October - 12 October 2013. Proceedings of the 30th CIB W78 International Conference.
Other University of Auckland co-authors: Johannes Dimyadi
- Chen, X., Hosking, J., Grundy, J., & Amor, R. (2013). Development of Robust Traceability Benchmarks. Paper presented at 22nd Australian Software Engineering Conference (ASWEC), Melbourne, VIC. 4 June - 7 June 2013. 2013 Australasian Conference on Software Engineering (ASWEC 2013). 10.1109/ASWEC.2013.26
Other University of Auckland co-authors: John Hosking
- Media Contact
SCIENCE CENTRE - MATHPHYSIC - Bldg 303
Level 4, Room 401
38 PRINCES ST