Professor Pat Langley
Fellow, Association for Advancement of Artificial Intelligence
Fellow, Cognitive Science Society
Areas of expertise
Computational scientific discovery
Planning and problem solving
Editor, Advances in Cognitive Systems
Selected publications and creative works (Research Outputs)
- Langley, P., Pearce, C., Barley, M., & Emery, M. (2014). Bounded rationality in problem solving: Guiding search with domain-independent heuristics. Mind & Society, 13 (1), 83-95. 10.1007/s11299-014-0143-y
- Pearce, C., Meadows, B., Langley, P., & Barley, M. W. (2014). Social Planning: Achieving Goals by Altering Others' Mental States. Paper presented at Twenty-Eighth AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence, Quebec City, Quebec. 27 July - 31 July 2014. Proceedings of the Twenty-Eighth AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence.
- Gabaldon, A., Langley, P., & Meadows, B. (2014). Integrating meta-level and domain-level knowledge for task-oriented dialogue. Advances in Cognitive Systems, 3, 201-219.
- Meadows, B., Langley, P., & Emery, M. (2014). An abductive approach to understanding social interactions. Advances in Cognitive Systems, 3, 87-106.
- MacLellan, C. J., Langley, P., Shah, J., & Dinar, M. (2013). A Computational Aid for Problem Formulation in Early Conceptual Design. Journal of Computing and Information Science in Engineering, 13 (3), 031005-031005. 10.1115/1.4024714
- Gabaldon, A., Langley, P., & Meadows, B. (2013). Meta-level and domain-level processing in task-oriented dialogue. AAAI Fall Symposium - Technical Report, FS-13-03, 25-31.
- Todorovski, L., Bridewell, W., & Langley, P. (2012). Discovering constraints for inductive process modeling. Paper presented at Twenty-Sixth AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence, Toronto, Ontario, Canada. 22 July - 26 July 2012. Proceedings of the Twenty-Sixth AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence.
- Langley, P. (2012). The cognitive systems paradigm. Advances in Cognitive Systems, 1, 3-13.