26 Jan 2016
Smart Parking (SPT), which is listed on the Australian Securities Exchange, is a fast growing technology business that specialises in parking management. It employs around 300 staff based in NZ and the UK, supporting a wide range of international customers. With a suite of products, including wireless\infrared detection sensors, sign guidance, automatic number plate recognition, and comprehensive back office management and statistics software with web based reporting, SPT is a world leader in this market.
SPT customer sites vary in size and complexity, with all of the company’s equipment connected via the internet to their host site in Auckland and the UK from where they are remotely managed.
This is a unique opportunity for a graduate to combine their communication skills, and technical expertise with a passion for IT. SPT are looking for a self-motivated and driven individual to join their experienced team in this customer support focussed role.
In this role, you will be responsible for managing the Helpdesk customer support system, supporting the physical and technical installation, back end site set up and the maintenance of these sites. Additional responsibilities will include ensuring client sites are operating at optimum efficiency, monitoring SPT hardware and software and proactively resolving any potential issues.
To be successful in this role, you will ideally be an exceptionally motivated graduate who is looking to start their career in IT with a company that is continuously working in the “leading edge”, of new technology. As customer support is a key focus for this role, you will need to have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and be able to translate technical IT terms into simple customer oriented language. In addition, you must have a good eye for detail and continuous improvement, coupled with the ability to be process driven, as you will be developing and updating process and procedural documentation.
This role, which is based in Penrose in Auckland, will include support for clients nationally and internationally, with the potential to travel as part of the role in assisting clients. It will suit a team player who is looking to join a company and professional climate that promotes brilliance, passion and the ability to function in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
Job Title: ServiceDesk
Reports To: Head of Operations
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
The purpose of this position is to:
- Provide operational support to customers and other SPT staff to ensure remote sites are operating at optimum efficiency and manage related issues
- The daily monitoring of SPT hardware and software at remote customer sites and the pro-active resolution of any identified issues
- Liaising with customers as required providing first line support
- Maintain and operate the SPT Helpdesk system software
- Maintain and update the customer Site Packs
- Provide feedback to customers of issue resolution as required
- Monitoring customer sites on a daily basis and provide timely response to any issues
- Configure and test PCs and associated software prior to installation on new sites
- Provide support to the installation team prior to and during new site installations
- Work with both customers and SPT staff to assist with the “bedding” in of systems post installation
- Maintaining comprehensive site records
- Developing and maintaining procedural and process documentation
- Preparing test sites for demonstrations
- Act as liaison between the SPT R&D team and the customer
- This position is required to relate to a variety of personnel both internally and externally, including but not limited to:
- SPT staff at all levels
- Contract development personnel
- Customer and distributor technical and management personnel
This position requires:
- Practical experience in an IT or operational support role preferably in a technical environment
- A tertiary qualification in IT, application installation or the technology fields
- Preferably some exposure and/or understanding of the software development lifecycle
- Experience in managing and prioritizing multiple issues to achieve desired outcomes
- A high level of computer literacy
- A high level of personal organisation
- Excellent attention to detail
- A team player who takes “ownership” of the role
- A practical “can do” attitude.
- Troubleshooting/problem solving skills.
- Ability to think outside the box.
- The ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines