Shane is your typical computer geek:
He spends all day behind a computer at work. To relax, he goes home and spends all night behind a computer. Sometimes he watches TV or reads, just for a change. Did I mention he studies Computer Science also?
You can view some of him and his friends on his photos page.
Other things which Shane would never leave the safety of his computer to do in his spare time:
Visit my guitar site, Rock Guitar World.
It was a project I did for a multimedia course.
- Play his Ibanez guitar. After all, it only cost $5000 and is one of only 2 in the country.
He is, however, excessively proud of it. His favorite guitarist is Mr. Steve Vai.
- Martial Arts
- Learning CQB under the experienced eyes of Quintin Swanson.
This highly functional style of MA is the best that he has ever learnt.
Shane is amazed at the similarities between MA and Computer Science: For instance, in both, he spends most of his time on his ass.
- Army - Territorial Force
- A soldier in the territorial forces of the NZ Army.
One day he hopes to serve overseas and manage not to shoot himself in the foot. (One can only hope)
- "The Gym"
- A place where people try to sweat and look cool at the same time. This paradox could account for all the grimacing that goes on there.
Mostly he just sweats and look extremly uncomfortable - he still hasn't learnt all the secrets yet.
- The Facade
- Keeping up the appearance of the "computer guy" while still leading a secretly-active, double life. (Almost a full-time job)