Apply for a Summer Scholarship now!
The Faculty of Science is offering Summer School Scholarships for the summer of 2012/13.
The scholarships are worth $5,000 (tax free) paid in two instalments; the first of $3,500 before Christmas 2012 and the second of $1,500 at the completion of the project at the end of Febuary 2013.
- You do not need to be a Computer Science major, but
- You must have a supervisor from the Computer Science Dept, and
- You must have a minimum GPA of 6.0 (B+) calculated from the best 6 grades from your previous 4 semesters
- You should be available for full-time work on a Summer Scholarship project; equivalent to 400 hours, or 35 hours per week
- You can only apply for one project. See the list of projects.
Applications for this year are now closed.
If you are not sure of your eligibility then you are encouraged to apply and find out. Students seeking to be employed as tutors in Summer School, working part-time in the University or outside, completing their thesis on an extension, or currently enrolled in a PhD or MSc are not eligible for Summer Scholarships.
Please read the Faculty of Science's Information for Students document for full details of the scholarships.
Note: Summer School Scholarship projects are not regarded as courses so do not have points associated with them that can be assigned to your degree.