Majoring in Computer Science
Finding what courses you need to major in Computer Science and planning your BSc degree in advance by using a degree planner will help you focus on learning what you really want to know.
The formal requirements for a BSc major in Computer Science are:
- Four courses (60 points) from COMPSCI 210-280
- Four courses (60 points) from COMPSCI 313-380
These are usually fit into the 24 15-point courses needed for a Bachelor of Science. The degree planner below will help you make sense of all the requirements and plan your degree structure.
If you are taking a double major and want Computer Science to be your second major, you should take:
- Three courses (45 points) from COMPSCI 210-280
- Three courses (45 points) from COMPSCI 313-380
When you are planning your major, you should keep these things in mind:
- The requirements for a major in Computer Science.
- The prerequisite courses needed for any higher level courses.
- That the courses you choose fit into your timetable without any timetable clashes.
- If you plan to progress to an honours degree, you should take six Stage III courses.